[Pkg-samba-maint] r893 - in tags: . RELEASE_3_9_0_SVN12726_1
Steinar H. Gunderson
sesse at costa.debian.org
Thu Jan 5 20:30:23 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-01-05 20:30:23 +0000 (Thu, 05 Jan 2006)
New Revision: 893
Copied: tags/RELEASE_3_9_0_SVN12726_1 (from rev 891, branches/samba4)
--- branches/samba4/changelog 2006-01-05 19:42:29 UTC (rev 891)
+++ tags/RELEASE_3_9_0_SVN12726_1/changelog 2006-01-05 20:30:23 UTC (rev 893)
@@ -1,94 +0,0 @@
-samba (3.9.0+SVN12692-1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
- * First upload to Debian main.
- * Package renaming to get more in line with Samba 3 packaging:
- * Rename samba-server package to just samba, for consistency with the
- Samba 3 packaging.
- * Rename samba.samba.init to samba.init, now that the init script and the
- server package are called the same.
- * Rename samba-swat to swat, and add a dependency from swat to samba.
- * debian/rules changes:
- * Change SOURCEPATH to reflect that we now have the packaging in debian/,
- not packaging/debian/. This will have to be reverted whenever upstream
- syncs with us.
- * Removed debmake comment, it's hardly relevant any more.
- * Removed comment that there aren't any architecture-independent packages
- (because there are).
- * Remove redundant "package=samba" variable.
- * Do "make pch ; make all" instead of "make proto ; -make pch ; make all";
- some build system bug prevents us from just doing "make pch all", but
- since we're more or less guaranteed a recent gcc version, the pch target
- shouldn't fail, so we won't allow it to.
- * Remove autogen.sh call from configure; it should be done in the
- upstream tarball, not in maintainer scripts.
- * debian/control changes:
- * Copied Uploaders: line from Samba 3 packaging, adding myself.
- * Rename samba-client package to samba-clients.
- * Make samba-clients Replaces/Conflicts smbclient.
- * Build-depend on docbook-xml, not just docbook-xsl -- the documentation
- needs data from both to build.
- * Move the samba binary package to the top, so it's the one receiving
- the README.* files, among others.
- * Maintainer script changes:
- * Attempt to upgrade from Samba 3 if that's what the user tries to do.
- * Copy upgrade script into /usr/lib/samba/setup.
- * Check for upgrade from << 3.9.0 in config, and ask the user for upgrade
- if relevant.
- * Check for upgrade from << 3.9.0 in postinst, and upgrade if the user
- wished to.
- * Only provision in samba.postinst if we're doing a fresh install.
- * Support purging properly in postrm, both for samba and samba-common
- (adapted from the Samba 3 packaging).
- * Don't ask about an administrator password -- just let the provisioning
- scripts make up a random one.
- * Updated README.Debian to show the user how to change the password.
- * Make samba recommend ldb-tools.
- * Install README.building along with all the other documentation.
- * Don't try to ask about the "done" question, which we nuked in a previous
- * Updated debian/copyright.
- * Added Samba copyright holders.
- * Noted that talloc, ldb and tdb are under the LGPL.
- * Added copyright holders and licensing for the packaging itself.
- * Remove a few unused files in the packaging.
- * Change debhelper compatibility level to 5.
- * Update versioned depends accordingly.
- * Don't give --pidfile to start-stop-daemon when stopping -- current
- versions of Samba 4 won't die when the parent is killed.
- * Updated README.debian somewhat, and renamed to use a capital D.
- * Rewritten README.building, to reflect the magic that has to be done
- with the package in another repository.
- * Update po/POTFILES.in to reflect name change (from samba4-server ->
- samba-server -> samba).
- -- Steinar H. Gunderson <sesse at debian.org> Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:41:13 +0100
-samba (3.9.0+SVN12395-1) unstable; urgency=low
- * New snapshot, drop 4 suffix
- -- Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:38:26 +0100
-samba4 (3.9.0+SVN12312-1) unstable; urgency=low
- * New upstream snapshot.
- -- Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:25:57 +0200
-samba4 (3.9.0-SVN-build-6710-1) unstable; urgency=low
- * Newer upstream version
- -- Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> Thu, 12 May 2005 14:04:05 +0200
-samba4 (3.9.0-SVN-build-655-1) unstable; urgency=low
- * Initial release.
- -- Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> Thu, 13 May 2004 01:38:41 +0200
Copied: tags/RELEASE_3_9_0_SVN12726_1/changelog (from rev 892, branches/samba4/changelog)
More information about the Pkg-samba-maint