[Pkg-samba-maint] cifs-utils_4.0-1_amd64.changes is NEW
installer at ftp-master.debian.org
Wed Mar 10 03:32:27 UTC 2010
(new) cifs-utils_4.0-1.debian.tar.gz optional otherosfs
(new) cifs-utils_4.0-1.dsc optional otherosfs
(new) cifs-utils_4.0-1_amd64.deb optional otherosfs
Common Internet File System utilities
The SMB/CIFS protocol provides support for cross-platform file sharing with
Microsoft Windows, OS X, and other Unix systems.
This package provides utilities for managing mounts of CIFS network
(new) cifs-utils_4.0.orig.tar.bz2 optional otherosfs
Changes: cifs-utils (2:4.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Initial release, packaging imported from samba source. (Closes: #571969)
* Rename binary package from smbfs to cifs-utils, but leave the "smbfs"
tools under the smbfs name for later deprecation post-squeeze.
* Drop the dependency on netbase, which has no reason given in the changelog
and doesn't appear to be needed.
* Adjust the language in debian/cifs-utils.NEWS to make clear the
consequences of this change, and direct users to alternatives.
* umount.cifs (and by extension, smbumount) no longer exists upstream,
because mount.cifs no longer permits non-root users to mount except by
way of the standard /etc/fstab arguments.
Override entries for your package:
smbfs_4.0-1_amd64.deb - optional otherosfs
Announcing to debian-devel-changes at lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 571969 572691
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.
More information about the Pkg-samba-maint