[Pkg-samba-maint] Bug#746229: cifs-utils: first attempt at mount.cifs after reboot fails
THerrmann at ADwin.de
Wed Oct 8 10:58:24 UTC 2014
I am seeing exactly the same problem on all my debian clients after
migrating the server to samba 4 from backports (4.1.11+dfsg-1~bpo70+1)
Things I checked so far:
- Using different filesystem on server does not fix the problem.
- Updating client to cifs from debian testing or unstable does not fix
- Updating the linux kernel on the client to 3.14 from backports does
not fix the problem.
- The error always occurs only once. Just executing the same mount
command again leads to a successful connection. Mounting other shares
afterwards works on the first call.
- Network is complete dual stack (IPv4+IPv6). Disabling IPv6 on client
does not fix the problem.
- Server has multiple IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on the primary interface.
This may be problematic, I will investigate further.
- Using different usernames, with/without password, with "nounix", with
sec=ntlm or sec=ntlmv2 does not fix the problem.
Maybe someone can shine some light on this...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4246 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the Pkg-samba-maint