[Pkg-samba-maint] Bug#816386: We found the Problem

Jan Drees jdrees at mail.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Mar 9 15:00:20 UTC 2016

Hello again,

We finally figured out what went wrong with the server: We have two 
different domains that resolve to the same addresses. Using one of the 
server domains on a client results in correct behaviour, the other one 
does not. We suspect that some reverse-DNS-lookup is executed and the 
DNS server will only return one of those domains. Samba gets confused by 
this and refuses to work correctly (at least when trying to print) and 
the behaviour becomes erratic.
When we use the other domain, the lookup will match the inserted domain 
and everything works like a charm.

Thank you for your help, and sorry for stirring up these DNS issues with 
Sincerely Yours,


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5451 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
URL: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-samba-maint/attachments/20160309/3728aa14/attachment.bin>

More information about the Pkg-samba-maint mailing list