[Pkg-shadow-devel] freeze exception for shadow
nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sat Jul 26 15:39:44 UTC 2008
Dear Debian Release Managers,
Before uploading to unstable, I would like to know if you would allow a
new release of shadow.
Here is the relevant changelog:
shadow (1:4.1.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* The "Morbier" release.
1) debian/patches/302_vim_selinux_support: Add SE Linux support to vipw/vigr.
Thanks to Russell Coker. Closes: #491907
2) debian/patches/494_passwd_lock-no_account_lock: Restore the previous
behavior of passwd -l (which changed in #389183): only lock the user's
password, not the user's account. Also explicitly document the
differences. This restores a behavior common with the previous versions of
passwd and with other implementations. Closes: #492307
3) debian/patches/494_passwd_lock-no_account_lock: Add a reference to
usermod(8) in passwd(1). Closes: #412234
4) debian/login.pam: Enforce a fail delay to avoid login brute-force.
5) debian/login.pam: Indicate why the pam_securetty module is used as a
requisite module and mentions the possible drawbacks. Closes: #482352
6) debian/login.defs: Do not mention the libpam-umask package (the module is
now provided by libpam-modules). Closes: #492410
7) debian/patches/200_Czech_binary_translation: Updated Czech translation.
Thanks to Miroslav Kure. Closes: #482823
8) debian/securetty.linux: Add the PA-RISC mux ports (ttyB0, ttyB1).
1) was mentioned as "the most important functional issue that needs to be
fixed for SE Linux in Lenny".
2) is a revert of a patch introduced between Etch and Lenny.
4) is a change to the login service PAM configuration file. It intends to lower
the risk of brute forcing usernames with login.
8) is a configuration change that should be harmless.
Others (3, 5, 6, 7) are documentations changes.
The debdiff is attached.
Thanks in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 38096 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-shadow-devel/attachments/20080726/dfc4a337/attachment-0001.diff
More information about the Pkg-shadow-devel