xmltooling_1.6.0-1 upload to experimental

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Sun Aug 14 18:05:18 UTC 2016

Russ Allbery <rra at debian.org> writes:

> wferi at niif.hu (Ferenc Wágner) writes:
>> Please upload xmltooling_1.6.0-1 to experimental when
>> xml-security-c_1.7.3-3 becomes available.  Being a DM I can't do
>> this, since libxmltooling7 is new.
> Sorry about the long delay in replying.  I got behind on email.  :(

Nevermind, I had more than enough other stuff on my plate anyway.

> Looks like your DD approval came through, and you were able to upload
> this directly?  (Congratulations!)

Indeed, and many thanks for your support!

> Is there anything that's still waiting on me other than the Alioth
> approval (doing that now)?

Actually, I was able to do the Alioth approval myself, because you had
granted wferi-guest admin rights before.  However, there is a question
for you about the xml-security-c packaging in <87y445hr01.fsf at lant.ki.iif.hu>

| I think the jessie branch should have been merged back into master
| before the release of 1.7.2-2.  It was created to hold high urgency
| security uploads to unstable while 1.7 was already in experimental, if
| I read the Git history correctly.  Russ, can you provide any input on
| this?  I'd merge it now to salvage the changelog entries of 1.6.1-6
| and 1.6.1-7 and tie off its history, freeing the branch name for
| potential stable uploads.

Both some historical context and you opinion on the above action plan
would be much appreciated in that thread.

More information about the Pkg-shibboleth-devel mailing list