Bug#854475: postfix: systemd needs postfix at .service to have "After=network.target"
biebl at debian.org
Sun May 14 16:28:51 BST 2017
Am 14.05.2017 um 17:02 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> - debian/postfix.postinst: drop the postfix.service.d/override.conf and
> make sure to remove that conffile on upgrades
Seems due to some C&P failure I duplicated this point. I wanted to
clarify that postfix.service.d/override.conf is not actually a conffile,
as it's generated dynamically.
As for my reasons to not generate this configuration dynamically:
- It's less opaque. I was puzzled for a moment where this drop-in was
- It makes it easier to override postfix at .service. Atm you e.g. don't
respect if the admin removed that drop-in deliberately and you always
- It's more robust in case of local modifications which don't use
- The penalty of pulling in network-online.target is simply that for the
local case postfix is started a bit later then necessary during boot.
- The behaviour is more consistent with the old SysV init script which
had Required-Start: $network (The $network LSB facility translates to
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Pkg-systemd-maintainers