[Pkg-sysvinit-devel] New sysvinit migrated to testing, time to plan the next upload
pere at hungry.com
Fri Jan 11 21:20:11 UTC 2008
So, finally, the last upload of sysvinit entered testing, and it is
time to plan a new upload. These are the changes commited so far.
Any objections to an upload of these changes? Any more changes that
should be included before I upload? I plan an upload tomorrow, when I
have done one more test of the svn version.
sysvinit (2.86.ds1-48) unstable; urgency=low
* Removed unused mountvirtfs as a dependecy provides for
init.d/mountdevsubfs.sh, to avoid duplicate provides.
* Removed hostname as a dependency for init.d/bootmisc.sh, as it is
now a dependency of checkroot.sh and thus still will have a known
order in the boot.
* Removed stop dependencies in the LSB header of bootmisc.sh. Its
stop operation is a no-op, and it is not run in any level to stop.
* Document in stop-bootlogd-single why bootlogd has to be stopped in
rcS.d/ for single user boots.
* Specify that one is to read the init.d/bootlogd script in the
stop-bootlogd* scripts. (Closes: #372676)
* Drop libdevmapper as a dependency for init.d/checkfs.sh, as the
init.d script was removed in devmapper version 2:1.02.24-1.
Conflict initscripts with libdevmapper1.02.1 versions before that.
* Drop modutils as a dependency for init.d/checkfs.sh, as the
modutils package was removed 2007-07-04.
* Drop $syslog as a dependency for init.d/rmnologin, as it seem to
* Extend waiting time of init.d/sendsigs from 0-5 seconds to 0-10
seconds, to give slow processes more time to shut down properly.
* Extend init.d/sendsigs to sync before killing processes, and to
detect and report as a failure if it had to use SIGKILL to
terminate processes. Based on ideas from Gabor Gombas.
* Drop lvm as optional depend for checkfs, mountall and umountfs,
and conflict with insserv versions before 1.09.0-12 to make sure a
version with the override file providing the same dependencies as
reverse dependencies is used.
* Extend sendsigs code to omit some pids during shutdown to also
load pids from /lib/init/rw/sendsigs.omit and
/lib/init/rw/sendsigs.omit.d/packagename, to make it easier for
systems starting very early in the boot, or systems that need to
modify the pid list at run time, to update their pid list (Closes:
#459146). Based on patch from Kel Modderman.
* Change init.d/bootlogd to not report failure when trying to stop
an already stopped bootlogd.
* Change init.d/killprocs to use the same optimization as sendsigs,
to avoid having to wait 5 seconds if there is no more processes.
* Document the way to list /sys/ in /etc/fstab in initscripts
README.Debian (Closes: #401424).
* Reduce stop dependency for mountoverflowtmp from $local_fs to
umountfs, to allow it to stop later during shutdown, and to make
it possible to make it part of the $local_fs dependencies.
* Remove initscripts conflict on mdutils. mdutils was removed in
* Move optional start dependency on udev-mtab from checkfs to
mountnfs, to better reflect the current ordering of these scripts.
* Improve content of initscripts README.Debian, and document the new
sendsigs omitpid interface there (Closes: #459425). Based on
patch from Kel Modderman.
* Updated the startpar source to version 0.50 from
* Optimized the startpar case of init.d/rc to only call the progress
bar API once for each startpar invocation.
-- Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at debian.org> Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:18:42 +0100
More information about the Pkg-sysvinit-devel