[Pkg-sysvinit-devel] Bug#679977: [squeeze] urandom should be "started" in postinst
pere at hungry.com
Tue Feb 4 18:37:32 UTC 2014
I suspect this bug (which is tagged pending) was supposed to be closed
by one of these uploads. Roger, do you remember?
sysvinit (2.88dsf-39) unstable; urgency=low
[ Roger Leigh ]:
* initscripts postinst calls urandom, not urandom.sh (Closes: #698966).
* sysvinit postinst unconditionally creates a compatibility initctl
link to ensure the migration to /run won't fail (Closes: #663009).
-- Roger Leigh <rleigh at debian.org> Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:09:29 +0000
sysvinit (2.88dsf-29) unstable; urgency=low
[ Steve Langasek ]
- Improve /dev/shm to /run/shm upgrade handling in the postinst
(improvement for #674178).
[ Roger Leigh ]
- Remove /lib/init/rw if possible. Closes: #679612.
- If /run is a symlink to /var/run, correct this on both upgrade
and on boot. On upgrade, the proper /run migration will occur
on reboot. On boot, the system will require rebooting to fully
migrate /run to a working configuration (but this will only
occur on systems which are already broken, it's not an upgrade
path). This correct problems with udev breakage due to /run
being mounted twice when /run is a symlink.
Closes: #677097, #679523.
- Start urandom on initial install, so that a random seed exists on
first boot. Closes: #679972.
- Restore creation of /var/log/dmesg (Closes: #681639).
Remove unused debconf logic in postinst.
-- Roger Leigh <rleigh at debian.org> Sat, 30 Jun 2012 23:21:06 +0100
More information about the Pkg-sysvinit-devel