[Pkg-utopia-maintainers] Bug#1147706: fails to build with nvme-cli 3.x

Daniel Baumann daniel at debian.org
Mon Sep 14 14:33:21 BST 2026


Package: libblockdev
Version: 3.5.0-2
Severity: normal

Hi,

upstream of libnvme and nvme-cli decided to merge libnvme 2.x and 
nvme-cli 2.x back to gether into one source tree as nvme-cli 3.x.

with this, also the library name changed from libnvme to libnvme3. thus, 
naturally, libblockdev fails to build as it doesn't detect it in the new 
name.

nvme-cli 3.x is current in experimental for you to try. This is a 
heads-up as I'd like to upload it soon to unstable (libblockdev is the 
only reverse dependency, except for nvme-stas that I maintain too and 
has been already updated for nvme-cli 3.x), but of course will wait 
until you're "ready".

I've already opened an upstream bug for libblockdev, I'll mark this bug 
as forward.

Regards,
Daniel



More information about the Pkg-utopia-maintainers mailing list