Bug#921869: libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37: Renders some Hebrew characters as square boxes
berto at igalia.com
Sat Feb 9 23:38:43 GMT 2019
On Sat, Feb 09, 2019 at 05:30:06PM +0100, Teus Benschop wrote:
> The webkit engine renders some Hebrew characters as square boxes.
> I have created a minimal example that shows the problem.
thanks for the example, I can reproduce the problem with WebKitGTK
I did a quick test with other browsers:
- Chromium 71.0.3578.80 also fails but in a different way:
- "he-goat" is right in Chromium, but wrong in WebKit
- "speak" is wrong in Chromium, but right in WebKit
- Chrome 71.0.3578.98 however displays everything correctly.
- Firefox-ESR 60.5.0 also works fine.
Other apps (terminal, text editor, etc) can display the text
I'll discuss the problem with the upstream developers.
> The link to the minimal example is here:
In case it's useful, the Debian WebKitGTK package also contains a mini
More information about the Pkg-webkit-maintainers