Bug#1019334: Fwd: Bug#1019334: Webkit2gtk - Bug Report
henning.sprang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:58:36 BST 2022
On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 10:34 AM Alberto Garcia <berto at igalia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 04:14:20PM +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
> > I have massive problems with Webbrowsers constantly crashing as soon
> Does it happen with all of them?
At least all those I tried so far, that is Firefox, Chrome plus the
crashing of the gnome-shell that I didn't report before but is something I
noticed after looking a bit more into it.
Firefox seems to be crashing faster... e.g. when running in Gnome, I just
tried to get a saved password from it to try the same site in epiphany as
you suggest belos, and it was a challenge to get that far before it crashed
Then I switched to LXDE, here it didn't happen that fast, but after some
"casual browsing" on JS heavy sites like Mattermost and Jira/Confluence it
also crashed after less then 5 minutes.
> What exact CPU model do you have? (see 'model name' in /proc/cpuinfo).
It's in a virtualBox VM. The line in cpuinfo is this:
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
> Try also running epiphany from a terminal like this:
> Does it also crash?
Yes, but it shows a bit different behaviour then Firefox - at first it
doesnt directly crash, but the Screen freezes, so it shows only the
rendered website, but I cannot interact with it, the mouse pointer doesnT
change anymore when going over links, and clicking also has no effect,
and after a while the tabs are crashing. But different than Firefox not the
whole application, only the tabs.
That was the behaviour on LXDE.
When running in Gnome, after a minute the gnome shell seems to restart
again (there is some flickering that looks the same as when I do resatrt it
intentionally) and then right now in my recent test even the whole gnome
session crashed and logged me out.
I also installed a recent bunch of updates and had some hope it would
improve the situation but It might even be a bit worse today than a week
I'm also going to update the machine to testing now and see if that changes
anything. (I have a saved state that I can revert to if you need more info!)
Please let me know if I can provide any further info about the system, logs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pkg-webkit-maintainers