[Pkg-xmpp-devel] Shall we have an Debian XMPP chat room (MUC)?
W. Martin Borgert
debacle at debian.org
Sat May 18 00:20:03 BST 2019
On 2019-05-17 23:27, Boris Pek wrote:
> Once it was added to Planet Debian  a lot of new members have
> been joined to team group chat.
I wonder, whether should be an XMPP chat room (MUC), too?
- XMPP users can reach and discuss with us easily
- eat your own cat food: package XMPP stuff and use it
- it fits the same needs as the Matrix room for Matrix users
- one cannot have enough chat rooms anyway :-)
- Debian uses mainly email and IRC for everything - (how) can
an IRC users join the XMPP chat room?
- at this point in time I would feel uneasy to host the MUC on
vogler.d.o, so we would need a reliable third party service
- do we have enough human power to moderate it? I have doubts
Opinions? Ideas? Volunteers for moderation?
More information about the Pkg-xmpp-devel