[Pki-clean-room-devel] getting started on cleanroom

Ana C. Custura ana at netstat.org.uk
Sat Dec 3 20:29:15 UTC 2016

Hi Liz,

Thank you for this!

> I'm wondering if I should start integrating the scripts with the
> TUI from the beginning rather than at the very end? I think it's just
> easier for me to think of it that way. That way I can complete an entire
> feature, like "first-time key gen" and it can be ready to go.

I think this sounds reasonable, you can draft a UI as you're working on
the helper scripts and then polish it more towards the end.

> Not sure how to create subkeys non-interactively because I don't think
> you can do --batch with --edit-key.
>
> The second file is just the helper for creating gpg.conf.

Looks good. Yes, I'm afraid there is no straightforward way to generate
subkeys non-interactively as far as I can see --batch can only handle
one subkey during the automated creation process.
On this topic, have a look at:

https://riseup.net/en/gpg-best-practices
https://pythonhosted.org/python-gnupg/

In particular python-gnupg, might be a good alternative to bash.

> Please let me know if you have any feedback at this early
> stage. And I haven't met Daniel G. yet. What email should I use
> for communicating with him? Also should I just email the mailing list
> + Ana from now on instead of cc'ing everyone?

I'll subscribe to the list, have not realized I wasn't! Thanks for
pointing it out. Cc me for the time being.

Regards,
Ana