[Pki-clean-room-devel] pgp progress update

Elizabeth Ferdman gnudevliz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:30:38 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

I posted a short blog about my progress so far--
https://eferdman.github.io. It links to a github repo that I made so you
can see the scripts and let me know what you think. Daniel K
talked about using gpg 2.1 rather than the older version so I've
been targeting that. I've been running sid using a vagrant box which
came with 2.1.11, so I used that and then updated to 2.1.16. I'm
wondering if that version is too new or if I'm not running the commands
correctly...
Should I target something lower than that, and what's the
best way of doing that?

With 16, the
"quick" commands are not really working-- sometimes it says it's gaining
entropy but just hangs for a long time and nothing happens. Sometimes it
also just outputs a new line and nothing happens. I followed the manual
which said to --batch --pinentry-mode=loopback and passphrase <pwd>
together but that doesn't work at all. If I omit batch it at least says
it's gaining entropy but nothing ends up happening... Also, let me know
if there's another specific task or area I should look into, or just
keep going with the first-time workflow part.

My holiday plans are pretty much 12/24-12/25 and 12/30-1/2.
I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Years!
:)

Best,
Liz