[Pki-clean-room-devel] what to work on next...

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Jan 19 07:37:17 UTC 2017

On 19/01/17 06:17, Elizabeth Ferdman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 08:00:07PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>

>> On 14/01/17 02:00, Elizabeth Ferdman wrote:
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> As I mentioned in my previous email, I started working on the
>>> TUI for smartcard initialization and keytocard functonality but
>>> I'm not sure how to actually implement that. I don't have the
>>> smartcard or reader yet-- Daniel said he may be able to get
>>> that sponsored for me so I haven't gotten it yet so I can't
>>> test it. Is there any way to still test the code without an
>>> actual card or reader (like an --expert option) ?
>>>

>> Liz, can you please tell us the cost to purchase the various
>> things you need, including delivery?  Then we can try raising a
>> request to the DPL
>>
>> Did anybody else already discuss the rest of your email with you
>> directly?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> I sent a message including a pdf attachment from kernelconcepts for
> the price of the card and reader but it's awaiting moderator
> approval because of the size.
>
> I posted the 6w progress update on my blog here:
> https://eferdman.github.io/debian/outreachy/2017/01/17/Debian-6w/

These are the products in the PDF from Liz:

  OpenPGP SmartCard V2.1

  Chip-Karten Lesegerät SCM SPR-332

Before I send an expense request to the DPL, does anybody else have
any ideas about anything Liz should purchase?

Maybe having two of the OpenPGP cards is a good idea.

I found this thread about the SPR-332:
https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2011-April/041533.html

and I didn't actually see it in the current stock list:
http://shop.kernelconcepts.de/

Did you check with them already to see if this is available or if
there would be a delay?  This is the list of readers that appear to be
suggested:
https://wiki.gnupg.org/CardReader/PinpadInput

Do you also have to pay any import charges for an order of this size?

Regards,

Daniel