[Pki-clean-room-devel] Problems with trying PKI-Clean-Room

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 08:50:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

I wanted to give a try to the scripts for building the PKI-Clean-Room CD.
However I have a system that is based on Ubuntu-14.04, so they failed.
I think that it should be possible to build it anywhere, regardless of the
system that one is using (rather than constraining it only to the people
that use Debian).

Anyway, I installed the latest Debian on VirtualBox just to try the scripts,
but now the command:

git clone https://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/make-pgp-
clean-room.git

does not work. It gives an error message like this:

Cloning into 'make-pgp-clean-room'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://anonscm.debian.org/
git/collab-maint/make-pgp-clean-room.git/': gnutls_handshake() failed:
Error in the pull function.

The funny part is that when I try to clone something from GitHub, it works.

I think that these two problems may discourage people from giving it a try.

Has anybody tried these scripts recently? Do they actually work?
If yes, what am I doing wrong that it doesn't work for me?
Where can I report these bugs?

Regards,
Dashamir