[Pki-clean-room-devel] Fwd: Re: make-pgp-clean-room suggestions / patches

Jacob Adams tookmund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:39:22 UTC 2018

On 03/02/2018 02:06 PM, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> Is the reason this is still a jessie image simply "nobody has touched it
> since stretch release", or does it actually break in stretch?

It's pretty much just because no one has touched it AFAIK. I've been
working on this project a bit and updated to stretch with no difficulties.
https://salsa.debian.org/tookmund-guest/make-pgp-clean-room

> --------------------
>
> Removing networking: this boots for me, but I haven't tested it much
> beyond that, or checked whether it actually does disable networking
> (there are some built-in net modules, which it won't remove, and it also
> might need an initramfs update).  Warning: make sure this is a chroot
> hook, not a binary hook!
>
> config/hooks/live/0020-delete-network-modules.hook.chroot:
> #!/bin/sh
>
> rm -rf /lib/modules/*/kernel/net
> rm -rf /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/net
> rm -rf /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/bluetooth

Ooh I didn't think of removing the networking modules. Will add that to
my version, thanks!

Thanks,
Jacob