[Popcon-developers] popcon.debian.org proposal

Bill Allombert allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:25:22 +0100

--GBDnBH7+ZvLx8QD4

Dear Martin,

On behalf of the popularity-contest developers, I would like to submit
to you the requirement and proposal for the popularity-contest project

The proposal is to ask for:

1) A new virtual host `popcon.debian.org'.
2) An email address 'survey@popcon.debian.org'.
3) A Web-site `http://popcon.debian.org'.

I believe gluck.debian.org could be a good choice for hosting.

Requirement:
A) The smtp server should be as lenient as possible on what it accept
since the email are automatically processed and we want to allow
anonymous submission.

B) We need to receive email, feed them (via procmail) to a script,
and run a cron job to update the website.

C) The website should be located on a machine with a local Debian
archive. This is needed since the computation of the webpage require
up-to-date Packages files.

It will be simpler if 2) and 3) are on the same host, but not required
if there is an easy way to transfer data from 2) to 3) (e.g via http).
=20
Cheers,
--=20
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>