[Popcon-developers] popcon FAQ

Bill Allombert allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:15:06 +0200

Hello Petter,

Due to popular demand, I have started a popcon FAQ.
Here is the current version.

Should I commit it to the popcon CVS ? I would like to be able to
link it from the popcon.debian.org web site, so maybe it would be
better to add it to the html CVS ? better idea ? I tried to link
through alioth cvsweb but it seems not very practical. Maybe the
php cvs interface are better.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.

--
Popularity-contest Frequently Asked Question.

Q) My submissions bounce with
   550 [PERMFAIL] popcon.debian.org requires valid sender domain.

A) popularity-contest send the report as root but the email adress of the root
   user was not configured properly. With exim, you can
   add an entry for root in /etc/email-addresses with a suitable
   adresse.

   A better fix would be to change popcon.debian.org to not reject emails with
   invalid sender domain in the first place, but it is out of our reach for the
   time being.

Q) /usr is mounted with 'noatime'.

A) popularity-contest use atime to know what packages were used during
   the last month. This mean you will only report the list of packages installed   without usage information.