[Popcon-developers] Re: How does "popularity-contest" work?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:36:50 +0200

[Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim]
> Unfortunately, it does not explain much about how to send the
> contest manually. There are many Debian systems behind our firewall
> with no outbound email system.

I don't know anything about sending the contest info manually.  CC to
the popcon-developers mailing list, in case someone there have
something to add.

I suspect all system types are affected equally with blocked email,
and am not sure if this problem affect the statistical validity of the
results.

> Technical question:
>
> 1. IS IT OK to send manually the result of popularity contest?

As long as the result look like the emails send by the automatic
system, and the content is the same as the one generated by the popcon
scripts, I see no problem with this.

> 2. IS IT OK to send the result concatenated in one large file?

I do not understand this one.

> 3. How often do you expect me to sent the contest?  Once a week like
>    the cron? Once a month? Is once a year OK?

The submissions need to arrive once a week.