[Popcon-developers] Processing of popularity-contest_1.21_i386.changes

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:39:59 +0200

[Bill Allombert]
> It is not my experience with your use of changelog.

OK.  Where did I fail.  Please explain, so I can try to improve.

> I disagree, CVS is not a communication channel.

It is a method to send information from one person (the committer) to
several persons (the people doing updates).  How can this fail to be a
communcation channel?

The file debian/changelog in debian packages is in my experience
always read by both the people commiting changes, and the people doing
uploads.  So it an even more efficient way to send information from
the commiters to the people doing uploads, as it is available when and
where needed.