[Popcon-developers] Alternative mechanism for submitting popcon results?

tony mancill tony@mancill.com
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:27:21 -0800

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

Dear Popcon Developers,

I see great value in what you're doing with popcon.  I run Debian both=20
at home and at work, the latter representing a much larger number of=20
machines.  I think it would be useful to let the systems at my=20
office report on the packages we run in our production environment, but=20
most of the machines aren't allowed to send SMTP out for security=20
reasons. =20

Have you given thought to supporting an alternate submission mechanism?=20
Perhaps HTTP or HTTPS?  I believe this would allow more people to
participate - even machines in strict firewall environments very likely
have HTTP access, at least via proxy.  Just an idea... =20

Thank you for your efforts!
tony mancill

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--