[Popcon-developers] Update popcon in woody?

Bill Allombert allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:29:08 +0100

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 10:47:06PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> It occured to me, should we ask the woody release manager to update
> the version of popcon to a version which is capable of reporting arch
> and popcon version?

I don't see the point, since very few woody user would upgrade to that
version anyway.

As far as I understand, the ARCH tag was added in popularity-contest
1.7, so we can assume that report without that tag come from woody
with a very small uncertainty, so unless _all_ the woody users upgrade
we won't get anything.

Beside the patch is quite large and this is not a security issue so
Joey will reject it.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>