[Popcon-developers] Re: Forgot to approve messages, ~500 messages waiting for approval

Bill Allombert allomber at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Tue Aug 2 11:18:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:05:33AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bill Allombert]
> > I am unsure how you based this expectation. Do you know I am listed
> > as an uploader for the 'popularity-contest' whose maintainer field
> > post to this manling-list ? Believe it or not I am subscribed to
> > this list so in theory I could read email sent to
> > <popularity-contest at packages.debian.org>.
>
> I am aware that there are several subscribers, but that is not the
> same as several readers.  I am subscribed to several mailing lists
> which I rarely read, due to the volume of email I receive.
>
> Based on the lack of response from the postings on the list, I
> concluded that there were few regular readers of the list.

I hope you did not assume gross irresponsibility on my part by not
reading <popularity-contest at packages.debian.org> whereas I am one of the
maintainer.

> > In practice you got a monopoly on this address due to the moderation
> > setup.
>
> I fail to parse this.  Please elaborate.  I do not want a monopoly on
> any address, so if this can be changed, I am happy to help.

Mail sent to popularity-contest at packages.debian.org should reach me
immediatly and not when and if you approve them.

> > I was officialy on vacation from 1/07 to 17/07, see debian-private.
> > I can assure you it is not especially convenient to receive 164
> > outdated emails during this period of time.
>
> It was not convenient for me either, but I saw no good alternative if
> we wanted the mails to make it to the mailing list archive and
> subscribers.  What did you want me to do with the emails?  Throw them
> away?  Reject them?

Wait until I got back from vacation and replied to you ?

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.