[Popcon-developers] Improve HTTP question template?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:09:51 +0200

So, I am getting ready to upload new popcon package into the archive.
Before I ask the translators to translate the new templates, I want to
improve the english text, and thus ask you all to provide suggestions
and improvements.

These are the two questions asked.  The first one is asked with 'high'
priority, and thus presented in the normal setting when the package is
installed.  The second question is asked with 'low' priority, and thus
normally only presented when the user uses 'dpkg-reconfigure'.  By
default HTTP is disabled.

Here are the templates.  Please comment and suggest improvements to
the text.

Template: popularity-contest/participate
Type: boolean
Default: false
 You can have your system anonymously supply the Debian developers with
 statistics about your most used Debian packages.  This information influences
 decisions such as which packages should go on the first Debian CD.
 .
 If you choose to participate, the automatic submission script will
 run once every week, sending statistics to the Debian developers.
 .
 You can always change your mind after making this decision:
 "dpkg-reconfigure popularity-contest"

Template: popularity-contest/use-http
Type: boolean
Default: false
 If you do not want to use HTTP, email is used instead.

I want to submit the updated templates to the translators tomorrow, so
please answer quickly. :)