[Popcon-developers] Re: Enabling http submission by default for new installs?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Thu Jul 7 07:24:24 UTC 2005

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Should we enable http by default on new installs?
>
> I guess the best would be to enable http on new installs, but leave
> it disabled until the user enables it manually for existing
> installs.  But I am not quite sure how to code that, and welcome
> ideas.

I found a way to do this, making sure fresh installs of popcon enables
HTTP, while upgrades leave it disabled.  Changes are in CVS.

With this change, I am ready to upload popularity-contest 1.30.  If
you have any protests, speak up.  I'll do the upload this evening
(TZ +0200).