[Popcon-developers] Re: Raw data of popcon ?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Fri Jul 15 10:36:52 UTC 2005

[Alain Schroeder]
> I attached two little scripts. The first (get-packages.sh) builds a
> package list of all packages in Debian using the current Packages
> files from sarge. The second (cleaner.pl) removes all packages not
> apearing in the Packages files. Just pipe reports to it and redirect
> the output into another file.

Right.  I rewrote them slightly and commited them to popcon cvs.
clean-genpkglist will make the package list, and clean-filter will
filter the entries to new entries without any non-debian packages.  I
rewrote the filter script to keep the file format with a slight
modification (added a comment at the end documenting how many entries
was removed).

If no-one protests, I'll generate a test data set and make it
available on the web.

> I now will start working with my own data set and I just required
> some additional ones from my neighbors here at debconf5. :-)

Sounds good. :)

Btw, are you on the popcon mailing list, or should I continue to keep
you on the To/CC list?