[Popcon-developers] Re: Forgot to approve messages, ~500 messages waiting for approval

Bill Allombert allomber at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Sat Jul 30 22:41:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 03:23:47PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > After cleaning out the spam, only 164 messages are left.  The
> > question on what I should do with them still stands. :)
>
> Right.  It seem to me that no-one read this mailing list except me
> anyway, so I decided to just approve the lot and let them into the
> archive.  Expect a few emails this evening:)

I am unsure how you based this expectation. Do you know I am listed as
an uploader for the 'popularity-contest' whose maintainer field post to
this manling-list ? Believe it or not I am subscribed to this list so
in theory I could read email sent to
<popularity-contest at packages.debian.org>. In practice you got a monopoly
on this address due to the moderation setup.

I was officialy on vacation from 1/07 to 17/07, see debian-private.
I can assure you it is not especially convenient to receive 164 outdated
emails during this period of time.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>