[Popcon-developers] HTTP POST support and popcon

Petter Reinholdtsen pere@hungry.com
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:57:27 +0100

[Bill Allombert]
> I propose to add the support for HTTP POST to the popcon package but
> not activate it yet.

I agree.

> Reasons not to activate it is:
> 1) We would need to update the debconf template to reflect the change at
> that will require updating all the translations.

I do not give this issue much weight, as popcon isn't installed by
default during installation any more. :(

> 2) This will increase the bandwidth usage of popcon.

How come?  I thougth it transmitted the data compressed?

> 3) We need more users feed-back.

Absolutely.

> Do you have any objection or comments ?

I suggest making a hidden debconf question making it possible to
enable popconf using debconf preseeding.  Other than that, it sounds
good to me.

What is your experience from testing this new feature so far?