[Popcon-developers] question about "not in sid"-maintainer

Bastian Venthur mail at venthur.de
Tue Nov 1 18:20:46 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, 1. November 2005 18:54 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
> [Bastian Venthur, 2005-08-25]
>
> > Hi popcon-devs,
> >
> > I have quick question about the way popcon decides that a package is
> > not in sid.
>
> It looks at the package list in the mirror on the machine it is
> running.
>
> > I am currently not yet a DD but I already maintain a view packages
> > which are officially in sid. When I -- courious as I am -- take my
> > daily look at popcon.debian.org, i can see something like

> > 15715 crystalcursors           15     0     0     0    15 (Not in sid)
> >
> > Crystalcursors is one of my packages and it *is* in sid, with me as
> > maintainer. So I wonder, why my name does not appear? Is it, because
> > I am not a real DD or it is a bug?
>
> I had a closer look, and I believe this is because of a bug.  The
> uncompressed package lists are no longer in the mirror for sid, so the
> 'dists/unstable/*/binary-i386/Packages' glob do not match any files.
> We need to teach the popanal.py script how to read the compressed
> files instead.  And we should do it in a way that works with python
> 2.1.  Python 2.3 seem to have support for reading gzip files directly,
> but I'm unable to get it to work with 2.1.

Meanwhile my packages appear correctly in Popcon. But I have some new ones in
the archive since ~10 days, namely: kde-style-lipstik, kde-icons-crystalclear
and kde-kde-themes. Allthough their popcon data is updated (Number of users
is rising) this three packages still show: "Not in sid".

Please CC me since I am not on the list.

Kind regards

Bastian