[Popcon-developers] How are the popcon-web/*.sections files generated?

Bill Allombert allomber at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Fri Nov 11 16:04:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 01:21:43PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:35:14PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >
> > The popcon.pl script used to generate all the web summaries seem to
> > read the following files
> >
> >   popcon-web/potato-nonUS.sections  popcon-web/slink.sections
> >   popcon-web/potato.sections        popcon-web/woody-nonUS.sections
> >   popcon-web/slink-nonUS.sections   popcon-web/woody.sections
> >
> > Here is an example from woody.sections:
> >
> >   3270-common non-free/net
> >   3dchess games
> >   3dwm-clock graphics
> >   3dwm-csgclient graphics
> >
> > How are these files generated?  Should we make new ones for sarge and
> > etch?

They are generated manually. The format is
<package> <section>
Care must be taken to not forget platform-specific packages.

> Only one for sarge, but it is not urgent.

I added the file sarge.sections. Note that we also read the stable
package file, so this is useless until etch release.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.