[Popcon-developers] question about "not in sid"-maintainer

Bill Allombert allomber at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Fri Nov 11 17:11:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:48:45PM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:

> > > I had a closer look, and I believe this is because of a bug.  The
> > > uncompressed package lists are no longer in the mirror for sid, so the
> > > 'dists/unstable/*/binary-i386/Packages' glob do not match any files.
> > > We need to teach the popanal.py script how to read the compressed
> > > files instead.  And we should do it in a way that works with python
> > > 2.1.  Python 2.3 seem to have support for reading gzip files directly,
> > > but I'm unable to get it to work with 2.1.
> >
> > Meanwhile my packages appear correctly in Popcon. But I have some new ones
> > in the archive since ~10 days, namely: kde-style-lipstik,
> > kde-icons-crystalclear and kde-kde-themes. Allthough their popcon data is
> > updated (Number of users is rising) this three packages still show: "Not in
> > sid".
>
> I've observered an interesting detail: two of the three packages are now in
> testing and exactly one popcon run later my name appears after these
> packages. kde-icons-crystalclear enters testing right now, so I guess
> tomorrow I'll see my name after this package too.

This was a different bug from previously: now the archive are
up-to-date, but does not carry the Packages file for sid anymore,
only the Packages.gz one.

I fixed popcon.pl to handle Packages.gz files, so that should fix this
problem. I still need to fix popanal.py but this is another problem.

Thanks to have noticed this!
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.