[Popcon-developers] question about "not in sid"-maintainer

Bill Allombert allomber at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Fri Nov 18 14:10:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 01:47:01PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bill Allombert]
> > Not yet, I always wait about one week to see if nothing break.
>
> Isn't this making it harder to track the history of the files?

No, it make it easier. We only commit tested changes.

> > By the way the file in CVS did not match the one on the server even
> > before I started to make changes.
> > Which one are supposed to be up-to-date ?
>
> I prefer to treat the CVS version as the authorative version.  I
> suggest you keep the CVS version.  The CVS version is the version used
> on <URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/popcon/>.

Then please don't change the CVS version before updating the server.

Also I am concerned we ship CGI scripts that have security holes in
some configuration. I have mentionned the problem with Ubuntu approach
in this list already:

$directsave=1 and popcon-submit-ubuntu.cgi both trivially allow an
attacker to create arbitrary files on the server.

I don't think we can ship that in the packages.

Cheers,
Bill.