[Popcon-developers] Re: Please review new description and question text

Bill Allombert allomber at math.u-bordeaux.fr
Sun Jul 30 07:47:00 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 10:42:50AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I propose unbranding:

> >  You can have your system anonymously supply the distribution
> >  developers with statistics about your most used packages.  This
> >  information influences decisions such as which packages should go on
> >  the first distribution CD.
>
> My proposal:
>
>  The system may anonymously supply the distribution developers with
>  statistics about the most used packages on this system.  This
>  information influences decisions such as which packages should go on
>  the first distribution CD.

Hello Christian, unbranding is wrong here because popcon (as shipped by
Debian) only ever report to Debian and if someone install it on an other
distribution, they will get the false idea that it report to their
distribution instead. The same goes for the "first distribution CD.".
This will probably not affect derivative distibutions first CD content,
at least not directly, but it will affect the first Debian CD/DVD.

Also, we should probably update it to say "CD/DVD" nowadays.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.