[Popcon-developers] Per-country results

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Oct 21 06:56:43 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 10:26:30PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Enrico Zini]
> > I checked the raw popcon data and there doesn't seem to be any kind
> > of geographical data.  Am I right?
>
> You are right.  The collected data is anonymous, so we have no way to
> map them back to country or area.
>
> > Would it be possible to add something in this sense to the data mining?
>
> There have been proposals to make som recommender system based on the
> popcon data, but no-one have done any work yet to implement it.

Ok.  That is one of the things I'd like to do.

My question was actually another: is it possible to add some
geographical data to the popcon data?

One way could be seeing where the sender IP of the mail is from, then
aggregating the resulting data so that every area has a large number of
results: this to make it still difficult to identify a person given the
country and a package selection,

Ciao,

Enrico

--