[Popcon-developers] Re: Announcing new record number of popcon submissions

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Mar 15 20:51:38 CET 2007

[Bill Allombert]
> Well, if we are going to send it to debian-announce, then I would
> suggest to include more Debian related data instead of statistics
> about unofficial packages. On the other hand, if you are going to
> send it to debian-devel-announce, then it is fine.

Right.  Good point.  The list of missing packages is mostly
interesting for developers, and I want to reach all users.

The problem is that top 10 on the other lists is completely
uninteresting, and that is the reason I keep getting back to the
unknown list.  Like debian/main:

   1 base-files
   2 bash
   3 gzip
   4 dpkg
   5 sed
   6 grep
   7 debianutils
   8 perl-base
   9 diff
  10 findutils

I guess I will have to show my bias and mention a few packages I find
interesting and their usage, to try to make the text more interesting
to read. :)

Thanks for the idea.  I'll roll with it. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen