[Popcon-developers] re: usage

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Mar 22 10:02:55 CET 2007

[Anwar Badat]
> I explained to Don, that I need to find information on exposure/usage of
> debian (all components) and was mianly looking some record of:
>

>   - total exposure ctaegorised by month (i.e. i need to find how many
>   users registered in each month)
>   - exposure since January 1st 2005 to December 31st 2006
>
> If you can help me in finding this information, it would  really be
> appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your request correctly, but if I do, I
suspect we lack the information you want.  Do you want the number of
new contributors to popcon, summarized per month?  The popcon system
only counts number of contributors per day, and do not keep track of
how many disappeared and how many new one registered, so we can't
provide that number.  We can on the other hand provide you with the
total count per month, aka the 'Submissions' value as listed in
<URL:http://popcon.debian.org/all-popcon-results.txt.gz>.  Is that
useful?

Friendly,
--