[Popcon-developers] New popcon upload and an update for stable?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jan 11 22:34:04 UTC 2008

It seem likely that there is a problem with the HTTP delivary of
popcon results, affecting the number of submissions. Bug #459910 is
about this issue. Holger dragged me into #debian-release, where the
situation was discussed, and it seemed to me that the release managers
were positive to getting a non-intrusive fix for this issue into Etch.

We agreed to test a fix in unstable first, and if it worked fine,
patch the etch version.  Bill, any objections to this approach?

Is the random sleep patch I copied from sitesummary OK, or do we need
to improve the approach?

I believe it would be a good idea to get a new version of popcon into
unstable this weekend.  Bill, any comments on this time frame?

The only additional patch I would like to include from BTS is the one
from 457432.  It make sense to me, and I suspect, but have not
checked, that it will not result in any "false" votes.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen