[Popcon-developers] New popcon upload and an update for stable?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Jan 14 21:03:51 UTC 2008

[Bill Allombert]
> This patch is completly wrong. We certainly need something better.

How is it completely wrong?  I am all for a better solution,
though. :)

> I have serious issues about #457432, remember the python problem.
>
> So please refrain from commiting the random sleep patch and the
> patch in #457432.

I am afraid I have forgotten the python problem.  As described in the
BTS, I tested the patch on my machine, and it seem to work just fine.
I did not see any comments from you about seriuos issues with it, so I
assumed you did not have any comments.  I see you have added a comment
there now.

> You promised me some time ago you would not touch popcon for sometime
> because you were working on the boot system, so please let me finish
> my work on popcon 1.43.

I suspect you are talking about my comment 2007-12-27 in bug #457441,
where I said:

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I got my head focused on the boot system these days, and do not plan
> any popcon updates.

I am sorry if you misunderstood this to mean that I promised to not
touch popcon, and that you expected this to last for more than 2.5
weeks.

I believed we should get a fix for the HTTP delivery issue out
quickly, to make the submission count more accurate, and because of
this I rushed out the new release.  I believed two days would be
enough time to gather your commends if you had any.  I see that
obviously you needed more time, as you now the day after the upload is
asking me to not do the upload.  How much time do you believe I should
to wait for your comments next time?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen