[Popcon-developers] Popcon submission count is falling...

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Jul 21 08:54:04 UTC 2008

The submission count on popcon.debian.org is falling.  I am not sure
why.  Perhaps fewer machines are running Debian, or perhaps something
is wrong with the submission mechanism.  To test the last hypothesis,
I set up a munin monitor for the HTTP submission script.  The delay
graph is available from
<URL:http://maintainer.skolelinux.no/munin/skolelinux.no/maintainer.skolelinux.no-popcon_response.html>.
Not quite sure what to conclude from that graph.

The script look like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
# Measure HTTP response time for popcon
#
# Magic markers - optional - used by installation scripts and
# munin-config:
#
#%# family=manual
#%# capabilities=autoconf

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin

URL=http://popcon.debian.org/cgi-bin/popcon.cgi

if [ "$1" = "autoconf" ]; then
        echo yes
        exit 0
fi

if [ "$1" = "config" ]; then

        echo 'graph_title popcon.debian.org HTTP response time'
        echo 'graph_args --base 1000 -l 0 '
        echo 'graph_vlabel seconds'
        echo 'graph_category Debian'
        echo 'popcon_response.label Time'
        echo 'popcon_response.draw AREA'
        exit 0
fi

export LC_ALL=C
echo -n "popcon_response.value "
(/usr/bin/time -f%e GET $URL > /dev/null ) 2>&1

JFYI.