[Popcon-developers] analyzing popcon data for bogus recommends

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed May 14 06:29:42 UTC 2008

[Joey Hess]
> It would be nice to have a list which Recommends are
> ignored/overridden the most when installing packages, to identify
> Recommends that need to be downgraded to Suggests. Could we derive
> such a list from popcon data?

I have no idea if that can be done. :)

> I think it would need to be done by analyzing each individual popcon
> data submission, so I can't do it as that data is not published.

The raw popcon data is available for all Debian Developers at
popcon.debian.org.  Unable to log in to confirm the exact location at
the moment, but it is there somewhere. :)

Putting popcon-developers at lists.alioth.debian.org on the CC list, as
it is a better place to discuss the use of popcon data.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen