[Popcon-developers] http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php output in tabular format

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Fri Jun 5 12:31:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 01:47:48PM +0200, Michael Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am preparing a publication about the benefits of Debian as a
> deployment platform for scientific software. I'd like to include a
> figure about the increasing popularity of a representative subset of
> relevant packages.  Essentially this is the output of
>
>   http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php
>
> However, I'd like to tune the plot a bit and obviously need a vector
> format for publication. Therefore I wonder whether I can get the same
> data as in the plot, but in a tabular format, so I could (re)plot it
> myself?

Your best bet is to ask http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php
author (which is not us) to add a feature that return the graph as a CSV.

Alternatively, if you have an account on gluck.debian.org, you
can access the historical popcon data (which are not public) in
the /org/popcon.debian.org/popcon-mail/all-popcon-results/.
In that case, you must only report data about historical use of
official Debian packages, not custom made packages that exists
only one a few machines (I do not think it will be an issue for you).

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.