[Popcon-developers] The number of popcon.debian.org-submissions is falling

Giacomo A. Catenazzi cate at debian.org
Wed Jul 21 07:34:38 UTC 2010

On 20.07.2010 17:26, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> The popularity-contest package also work fine with relatime.
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.  I guess we should look at the FAQ or
> something to make it clear on this point.  Where did you get the idea
> that popcon don't work with noatime?

I don't remember exactly. Possibly was a wrong extrapolation of
information in LWN: discussiong noatime/relatime it listed
few applications (popcon and few mail and backup programs) which
"required" atime functionality.

But I think I read also something in debian-devel or in an other
debian resource (years a go).

 > Is there some documentation we
 > could update to avoid others getting the same idea?

Personally a good post in planet about popcon (call of volunteers,
privacy and noatime) would help. But to reach sysadmin I think
we must create a wiki page, links it to the planet article and
let waiting the spreading of the "news".

ciao
	cate