[Popcon-developers] mining popcon data

Tássia Camões tassia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 02:15:13 UTC 2010

2010/7/30 Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>

> See <URL:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/popcon-developers/2009-June/001765.html> for the answered given when this came up earlier.

Since Debian Developers have read access to popcon data, I can start putting
my ideas on code and when I have something ready I can ask a DD to apply it
to the real data. With the source code freely available, anyone will be able
to verify that privacy issues are respected.

Does it seem reasonable?

I have vague memories of Enroco Zini working on something similar, and
> even publishing a web application allowing one to find similar
> packages by uploading ones popcon submission.

Great, I'll talk to Enrico about that!
Regards,

Tassia.