[Popcon-developers] Debian derivatives guidelines: popcon

Tássia Camões tassia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:55:30 UTC 2011

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:
>
>> because it might be interesting in this context:  Does anybody remember
>> Alain Schröder's talk about "Data Mining Popcon" at DebConf 7[1].  I was
>> deeply impressed about the results but I have never heard that those
>> cool results were implemented at any place.  In short it has given
>> answers about "People who installed package x also installed package y".
>
>> [1] https://penta.debconf.org/~joerg/events/83.en.html

Hi Andreas!
By the time of Debconf7 I was far away from this subject and I missed
the talk :-/
I'll try to find the video record of it, I'm really interested on those results!

2011/4/18 Paul Wise <pabs at debian.org>:
> I notice in the popcon list archives for last month that a similar
> project is being undertaken by Tássia Camões, CCing her and Tiago,
> perhaps she would find Alain's work useful to her Masters project:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/popcon-developers/2011-March/001929.html

Paul, thanks for pointing me this!
I'm CCing Alain, maybe he can tell us more about it, since the links
to the project seem to be broken and I couldn't find more info on the
web.

I didn't start working with data mining techniques yet. It would be
awesome to join Alain's effort to mine, which is more focused on
information retrieval and machine learning for recommendation
purposes.

Cheers!

Tássia.