[Popcon-developers] setting up my own popcon

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Aug 21 08:17:59 UTC 2011

[Fabrice Quenneville]
> - where can i find the server part of popcon ?

The source is in /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/examples/.

> - When modifying the client part of popcon to point it to our
>   server, i heard i am supposed to leave a pointer to debian so you
>   also get our reports ?

We very much prefer it, yes, to allow Debian to get usage information
from as many Debian users as possible. :)

The information is used to sort packages on the installation CD/DVDs
as well as prioritize effort spent on packages.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen