[Popcon-developers] popcon.ubuntu.com

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 14 11:09:50 UTC 2012

Le 11/12/2012 00:03, Bill Allombert a écrit :
> Hello Sebastien,
Hey,

> I would like to make two comments:
Thanks for the comments (note that I just rebased our changes on the
current Debian version, I didn't actually created those)

> 1) Do you know that popcon.ubuntu.com is not updating since
> Fri Jul 6 10:55:54 2012 UTC and is probably unmaintained since
> dapper ?
We didn't notice it was not updating, thanks for pointing it. I've
contacted the people maintaining the site about the issue. The fact that
it's unmaintained is a bit orthogonal and I'm not sure what to do about
that, it doesn't seem like a priority for anyone at the moment in Ubuntu...

> 2) Is there any reason why you cannot update popcon.ubuntu.com
> to accept compressed reports ? That would save a tremendous amount
> of bandwidth.
>
> Cheers,
I don't think there is any reason we couldn't make it accept compressed
reports but I will check and ask around if that's purely a manpower
issue (e.g need to find somebody to do the work) or if there was a
reason behind that

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher