[Popcon-developers] Drop atime and ctime for privacy reasons possible?

Bill Allombert Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Sun Oct 28 18:01:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 04:50:54PM +0000, adrelanos wrote:
> Bill Allombert:
> > On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 04:25:23PM +0000, adrelanos wrote:
> >> Bill Allombert:

> >> installed,

> >> ~100 KiB popcon file encrypted with 4096/4096 gpg key.
> >
> > What does mean 4096/4096 ? RSA 4096 ? What symmetric encryption
> > scheme is used?
>
> RSA 4096 asymmetric encryption.

Thanks. What is the underlying symmetric encryption ?
(RSA is used to encrypt a symmetric key used to encrypt the message.
The decryption time depend on the symmetric algorithm. Normally it is
some variant of AES. This can influence the running time.)

I read your script and you do not use ASCII armoring. Could you retry with
using ASCII armoring ? I would prefer to avoid binary transmission in
popcon protocol, but it might have a performance penalty.

Cheers,
Bill.