[Popcon-developers] popcon page renders like the old style of the main debian website

Bill Allombert ballombe at debian.org
Tue Nov 5 10:54:35 UTC 2013

2013/11/5 Stéphane Blondon <stephane.blondon at gmail.com>:
> Hello Bill,
>
> 2013/11/4 Bill Allombert <Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr>:
>> Ideally you would patch the script
>> /usr/share/doc/popularity-contest/examples/bin/popcon.pl
>> from sid popularity-contest.
>> also available at
>> <http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=popcon/popcon.git;a=blob;f=examples/bin/popcon.pl;hb=HEAD>
>
> I readed the file and I think it will easy to patch it. However, for
> testing purpose, I started with a static html file. I write a basic
> patch (open popcon.html in the attached archive).
>

>> But the difficulty is that you have to come up with a new design for the tabs
>> "All reports" / "Stable reports".
>
> I just removed them to show you the global rendering.
> Do you want to keep the tabs? I could restyle them to fit better with
> the new style but it's little more work.

I do not want necessarily to keep the tabs, but there still need a way to
switch between the two reports.

I find the dotted div a bit awkward.
The headers 'Statistics per Debian architectures' and 'Statistics per
popularity-contest releases' are much too low with respect with the image.

Also if you have some idea about improving the current layout, do not hesitate.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe at debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.